- Special Economic Zone status was granted
- Positive findings of the project were obtained
- A construction permit was obtained
- Construction was commenced
The company Ekopet JSC was included in the register of residents of the Special Economic Zone of the Kaliningrad region with a declared amount of investment of 2.6 billion RUB. As of 2007, it was the second largest investment project in the SEZ.
- Steel structures of main buildings were assembled
- Aluminum silos were assembled
- Site equipment was installed
- Oversized equipment was installed
- Process equipment is supplied and installed
- Technological pipelines are installed
- Aluminum silos for PTA and finished products are assembled and installed
- Aluminum tanks for EG are assembled and installed
- The company Ekopet, together with the companies RZD-Logistics and Transcontainer, developed and organized an uninterrupted system for PET transportation by rail along the route Kaliningrad - Moscow.
- The packing of PET into containers in bulk using polymer liners (liner bags) was introduced
- Lawson's Enterprise Management System, an up-to-date multi-platform solution set based on Java technologies was implemented
- Ekopet JSC took the lead in PET production in the Customs Union. At year-end 2012, the company had produced 145.5 mt of PET chips
- MEG transshipment was transferred from Klaipeda to Kaliningrad
- The company took part in the trade fair Interplastica 2013
- The company joined the non-commercial partnership for development of the polyethylene terephthalate industry, ARPET
- Preventative and predictive maintenance activities were carried out
- A container train from Kaliningrad in cooperation with TransContainer was launched
- Ekopet JSC held the leading position in PET production in the Customs Union.
- In January, the first PET lots of EKORET FRH, a polymer modified with a Fast Reheat energy-saving additive, was produced
- The following measurement procedures were developed by the Chemical Laboratory and certified by N.M. Fedorovsky All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Mineral Raw Materials:
Determination of the mass fraction of acetaldehyde in polyethylene terephthalate (PET) by gas chromatography. Federal Act 1.31.2014.17719
- Determination of color coordinates of polyethylene terephthalate (PET), purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and isophthalic acid (IPA) in CIE LAB system. Federal Act 1.31.2014.18720
- In April, the high-temperature organic HTM heating system was transferred from fuel oil to natural gas as a fuel
- In October, a modified type of PET of the new trademark EKOPET SP was produced for the first time, against the order of the American company DAK Americas
- In accordance with Federal Act No. 412 of December 28, 2013 “Accreditation in the National Accreditation System”, the Chemical Laboratory passed the competency verification procedure, Decision 1793-GU dated June 19, 2015.
- November-December 2016. The Chemical Laboratory arranged and conducted interlaboratory comparative tests (ILT) among producers and processors of polyethylene terephthalate (PET). 12 testing laboratories took part in the ILT.
- In November, during a planned shutdown for turnaround maintenance, a discharge pump and shaft seals of the disk reactor agitator were replaced.
- In April 2017, Pellet Scanning System PS25C was put into operation in the Chemical Laboratory. PS25C Pellet Scanning System is used for optical quality control of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) pellets. The scanning system PS25C makes it possible to quickly view large volumes of PET control samples, detect any inclusions in the pellets, as well as measure the size of these inclusions.
- In accordance with Federal Act No. 412 of December 28, 2013 “Accreditation in the National Accreditation System”, the Chemical Laboratory passed the competency verification procedure, Decision No. PK 2.453 dated September 6, 2017.
- In February, silos for finished product storage and a feed conveyor for raw materials were equipped with magnetic separators
- On 15.08.2018, a service engineer from OCS Service GmbH (Germany) carried out maintenance of PS25C scanning unit
- On 31.08.2018, pre-commissioning activities for Clarus 690 gas chromatograph and Turbomatrix HS 40 head space sampler were carried out.
- The Chemical Laboratory staff was trained within the framework of gas chromatography practical training under the guidance of Denis Sipkin, a chromatography expert from SchelTec LLC
- Automatic Viscosity Measurement System LAUDA PV24 with VRM4 flush module was purchased and commissioned on 08.11.2018.
- The company reached full production capacity, i.e. 660 tons per day
- In March, technical revamp of the pellet conditioning system was completed.
- The measurement procedure “Determination of intrinsic viscosity of diluted solutions of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) by capillary viscometry” was developed by the Chemical Laboratory and certified by the Ural Research Institute of Metrology. Certificate of attestation No. 241.0056 / RA.RU.311866/ 2019.
- Between 03.06.2019 and 22.06.2019, 1-year students majoring in 18.02.12-Technology of Analytical Control of Chemical Compounds of the Institute of Living Systems of Immanuel Kant Baltic Federal University undertook their work experience internship in the Chemical Laboratory and gained professional skills and experience.
- Ekopet JSC successfully passed certification of the company's quality management system (QMS) as compliant with the requirements of the international standard ISO 9001: 2015
- The chemical laboratory of Ekopet JSC passed the procedure of confirmation of the Accredited Person’s competence in compliance with accreditation criteria. The approved area of accreditation of the chemical laboratory of Ekopet JSC includes research of high-viscosity polyethylene terephthalate of EKOPET trade mark, purified terephthalic acid, isophthalic acid, ethylene glycol, diethylene glycol, sewage and natural water.